7 February 2013
Tekfen Tower Conference Hall*
Welcome & Opening remarks
- Dr. Ekrem Keskin, Secretary General, The Banks Association of Turkey
- Hülya Kurt, Chair, Sustainability Working Group of the Banks Association of Turkey
- Harry Papageorgiu, Chair, European Task Force, United Nations Environment Programme Finance Initiative (UNEP FI)
Sustainable Banking – International Best Practices From The Perspective of International Development Financial Institutions
- Anne Maria Cronin, Principal Environmental Advisor, European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD)
- Müjgan Oladi, International Finance Cooperation (IFC)
- What is the current understanding of environmental and social issues by the banking sector internationally?
- Environmental and Social Risks – Consequences and Opportunities
- Environmental and Social Practices in Banks Worldwide
|14:45-15:00 – Coffee break –
Sustainable Banking – Best Practices From Peer Institutions
- Denise Hills, Sustainability Superintendent, Banco Itaú
- Robert Tacon, Special Advisor UNEP FI, Former Head of Risk Reporting,
Standard Chartered Bank
- Why and how these peer banks embarked on the sustainability journey?
- How is sustainability implemented in their institutions?
Round Table Discussion Session
- Moderator: Hülya Kurt, Sustainability Working Group of the Banks Association of Turkey
- Global Trends in “Banking & Sustainability”
- How do banks fulfill their commitments?
- Q&A from Turkish Banks
* Tekfen Tower Conference Hall
Address: Büyükdere Cad. No.209, 4. Levent
Telephone: +90 212 359 35 00