28 & 29 March 2013
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Aim: The Netherlands has a solid track record and leadership position for its sustainable business practices. The UN Global Compact Local Network Turkey, together with the Local Network Netherlands will host a knowledge exchange about sustainability best practices in the financial sector. The aim is to create a knowledge-sharing experience by learning from the lessons learned and best practice approaches in the Dutch financial sector.
Date: 28-29 March 2013; optional programme 27 March
Location: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Invited Participants: Signatories and non-signatories from the Banking Sector in Turkey, Business Associations, Employer Associations, Sector and Trade Associations, Chambers of Commerce and/or Related institutions in the financial industry.
Level: Banking Executives responsible for sustainability (Director and Managerial Level) from Investor Relations, Risk Management, Project Finance, Corporate communications or similar.
RSVP: Please register your interest with Deniz.Ozturk: email@example.com
Places will be limited to a maximum of 30 participants.
Wednesday 27 March 2013
13:30 – 15:30 UN Global Compact Board Meeting (BY INVITATION)
- Networking Lunch
- UNGC Boards Meeting (Netherlands & Turkey Boards)
- Knowledge Exchange
16:00– 18:00 TURKISH BUSINESS PRESENTATION
- Presentation to Netherlands Business Sector
- Macro Economic Trends in Turkey: Labour, Economic, Environmental, Governance.
- Presentation (summary overview of banks in Turkey)
Thursday 28 March 2013
09.00-13.00 Approaches to Sustainable Banking
- Presentation Global Trends & Best Practices
- Presentation about banking sector approaches
- Bank presents its Sustainability Strategy in detail
- Questions & Discussion
14:00–18:00 Managing Environmental, Social & Governance Risks
- Presentation about ESG standards
- Meeting with chair of Equator Principles
- Bank presents its ESG policies & approach in detail
- Questions & Discussion
20:00 – 22:00 Networking Dinner (optional)
Friday 29 March 2013
09:00 – 12:00 Disclosure & Stakeholder Engagement
- Presentation about trends in sustainability disclosure & GRI Financial Sector Supplement
- Investor presents its view about assessing banks performance
- Bank presents its approach to stakeholder engagement
13:00-15:30: Business Opportunities
- Sustainable Business Opportunities for banks
- Bank presents one opportunity area in detail
- Expert presents one opportunity area in detail